How to quickly transpose ranges and skip blank cells in Excel?
When we paste a range as transposed, the blank cells will be pasted as well. But sometimes, we just want to transpose the ranges ignoring blank cells as below screenshot shown. Are there any ways to quickly transpose ranges and skip blanks in Excel?
To transpose range and ignore blank cells, you can apply the Go To Special function to select only non-blank cells firstly, and then transpose.
1. Select the range you want to transpose, and press Ctrl + G to open Go To dialog, and then click Special to go to Go To Special dialog, and check Contents option. see screenshot:
2. Then click OK, and the non-blank cells have been selected, now you can paste them as transposed. Press Ctrl + C to copy them, select a blank cell which you will place the transposed values, right click to display context menu, and select Transpose in the Paste Options. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can delete the blank rows firstly, then transpose the range.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the range you want to transpose and skip blanks, click Kutools > Delete > Delete Blank Rows > In Selected Range. See screenshot:
2. Then a dialog pops out to remind you have removed all blank rows from the selection. Click OK to continue. Now the blank rows have been removed. See screenshot:
3. Now you can transpose the range. Press Ctrl + C to copy them, select a blank cell which you will place the transposed values, right click to display context menu, and select Transpose in the Paste Options.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!