How to quickly transpose ranges and skip blank cells in Excel?
When we paste a range as transposed, the blank cells will be pasted as well. But in sometimes, we just want to transpose the ranges ignoring blank cells as below screenshot shown, have you any ways to quickly transpose ranges and skip blanks in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To transpose range and ignore blank cells, you can apply the Go To Special function to select only non-blank cells firstly, and then transpose.
1. Select the range you want to transpose, and press Ctrl + G to open Go To dialog, and then click Special to go to Go To Special dialog, and check Contents option. see screenshot:
2. Then click OK, and the non-blank cells have been selected, now you can paste them as transposed. Press Ctrl + C to copy them, select a blank cell which you will place the transposed values, right click to display context menu, and select Transpose in the Paste Options. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can delete the blank rows firstly, then transpose the range.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the range you want to transpose and skip blanks, click Kutools > Delete > Delete Blank Rows > In Selected Range. See screenshot:
2. Then a dialog pops out to remind you have removed all blank rows from the selection. Click OK to continue. Now the blank rows have been removed. See screenshot:
3. Now you can transpose the range. Press Ctrl + C to copy them, select a blank cell which you will place the transposed values, right click to display context menu, and select Transpose in the Paste Options.