How to quickly transpose ranges and skip blank cells in Excel?
When we paste a range as transposed, the blank cells will be pasted as well. But in sometimes, we just want to transpose the ranges ignoring blank cells as below screenshot shown, have you any ways to quickly transpose ranges and skip blanks in Excel?
> Transpose range skip blanks with Go to special function
To transpose range and ignore blank cells, you can apply the Go To Special function to select only non-blank cells firstly, and then transpose.
1. Select the range you want to transpose, and press Ctrl + G to open Go To dialog, and then click Special to go to Go To Special dialog, and check Contents option. see screenshot:
2. Then click OK, and the non-blank cells have been selected, now you can paste them as transposed. Press Ctrl + C to copy them, select a blank cell which you will place the transposed values, right click to display context menu, and select Transpose in the Paste Options. See screenshot:
Transpose range skip blank s with Delete Blank Rows utility
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can delete the blank rows firstly, then transpose the range.
1. Select the range you want to transpose and skip blanks, click Kutools > Delete > Delete Blank Rows > In Selected Range. See screenshot:
2. Then a dialog pops out to remind you have removed all blank rows from the selection. Click OK to continue. Now the blank rows have been removed. See screenshot:
3. Now you can transpose the range. Press Ctrl + C to copy them, select a blank cell which you will place the transposed values, right click to display context menu, and select Transpose in the Paste Options.
Transpose Range Skip Blank Rows
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.