How to convert time to decimal over 24 hours in Excel?
Supposing, I have a list of cells which contain the time over 24 hours, now, I want to convert theses time over 24 hours to decimal hours as following screenshot shown. How could you solve this task in Excel quickly and easily?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here is a formula which can help you to convert the time over 24 hours to decimal as easily as you could. Please do as follows:
Enter this formula: =IF(A2>TIME(24,0,0),TEXT(A2,"[h]:mm:ss")*24,A2) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then drag the fill handle down the cells that you want to apply this formula, and all times over 24 hours have been converted to decimal hours, see screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Convert Time function, you can quickly convert the time over 24 hours to decimal hours, minutes or seconds as you need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the cells contain the times that you want to convert.
2. Then click Kutools > Content > Convert Time > Time to Hours, see screenshot:
3. And then, the times over 24 hours have been converted to decimal hours at once, see screenshot:
1. With this feature, you can also convert the times over 24 hours to minutes or seconds as you need.
2. If you want to output the converted results to other cells, you should go to the Convert Time dialog box, and select the output cells under the Save to another location section to get the following screenshot: