How to convert time to decimal over 24 hours in Excel?
Supposing, I have a list of cells which contain the time over 24 hours, now, I want to convert theses time over 24 hours to decimal hours as following screenshot shown. How could you solve this task in Excel quickly and easily?
Here is a formula which can help you to convert the time over 24 hours to decimal as easily as you could. Please do as follows:
Enter this formula: =IF(A2>TIME(24,0,0),TEXT(A2,"[h]:mm:ss")*24,A2) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then drag the fill handle down the cells that you want to apply this formula, and all times over 24 hours have been converted to decimal hours, see screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Convert Time function, you can quickly convert the time over 24 hours to decimal hours, minutes or seconds as you need.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the cells contain the times that you want to convert.
2. Then click Kutools > Content > Convert Time > Time to Hours, see screenshot:
3. And then, the times over 24 hours have been converted to decimal hours at once, see screenshot:
1. With this feature, you can also convert the times over 24 hours to minutes or seconds as you need.
2. If you want to output the converted results to other cells, you should go to the Convert Time dialog box, and select the output cells under the Save to another location section to get the following screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!