How to convert time to decimal over 24 hours in Excel?
Supposing, I have a list of cells which contain the time over 24 hours, now, I want to convert theses time over 24 hours to decimal hours as following screenshot shown. How could you solve this task in Excel quickly and easily?
Convert time to decimal over 24 hours with formula
Here is a formula which can help you to convert the time over 24 hours to decimal as easily as you could. Please do as follows:
Enter this formula: =IF(A2>TIME(24,0,0),TEXT(A2,"[h]:mm:ss")*24,A2) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then drag the fill handle down the cells that you want to apply this formula, and all times over 24 hours have been converted to decimal hours, see screenshot:
Convert time to decimal over 24 hours Kutools for Excel
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its Convert Time function, you can quickly convert the time over 24 hours to decimal hours, minutes or seconds as you need.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Select the cells contain the times that you want to convert.
2. Then click Kutools > Content > Convert Time > Time to Hours, see screenshot:
3. And then, the times over 24 hours have been converted to decimal hours at once, see screenshot:
1. With this feature, you can also convert the times over 24 hours to minutes or seconds as you need.
2. If you want to output the converted results to other cells, you should go to the Convert Time dialog box, and select the output cells under the Save to another location section to get the following screenshot:
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.