How to specify date or datetime format in header or footer?
Normally, when you insert date or time into the header or footer with the &[Date] or &[Time] code, the date or time format is based on the regional settings controlled by Windows. In this case, how could you change the date or date time format to your own need in header or footer as following screenshot shown?
Here, I will introduce some simple VBA code for you to solve this task in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Activate your worksheet which you want to insert and format the date in header or footer, and then click Page Layout button on the lower right corner of the workbook to enable the page layout view, see screenshot:
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys in Excel to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Insert and format date in header or footer:
Sub add_date_header() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End Sub
Note: In the above code, you can change the CenterHeader to LeftHeader, CenterFooter…, and the date format mmmm dd, yyyy also can be changed as you need.
4. And then press F5 key to run this code, and your specified date format has been inserted into the header or footer at once. See screenshot:
Tips: If you want to insert your own date time format into the header or footer, please apply the below code:
Sub Change_Format() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Format(Now, "MMMM DD, YYYY HH:MM:SS") End Sub
And you will get the following result:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!