How to specify date or datetime format in header or footer?
Normally, when you insert date or time into the header or footer with the &[Date] or &[Time] code, the date or time format is based on the regional settings controlled by Windows. In this case, how could you change the date or date time format to your own need in header or footer as following screenshot shown?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
Here, I will introduce some simple VBA code for you to solve this task in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Activate your worksheet which you want to insert and format the date in header or footer, and then click Page Layout button on the lower right corner of the workbook to enable the page layout view, see screenshot:
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys in Excel to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Insert and format date in header or footer:
Sub add_date_header() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End Sub
Note: In the above code, you can change the CenterHeader to LeftHeader, CenterFooter…, and the date format mmmm dd, yyyy also can be changed as you need.
4. And then press F5 key to run this code, and your specified date format has been inserted into the header or footer at once. See screenshot:
Tips: If you want to insert your own date time format into the header or footer, please apply the below code:
Sub Change_Format() ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = Format(Now, "MMMM DD, YYYY HH:MM:SS") End Sub
And you will get the following result:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...