How to transpose cells left to right in Excel?
When we type values in Excel sheet, we usually type them from left to right, but in some cases, you maybe want to transpose the cells which are from left to right to right to left as below screenshot shown. There is no built-in feature in Excel that can help you to quickly solve it, but in this article, I introduce some tricks to do you a favor.
To transpose cells left to right quickly without formulas, you can use a VBA code.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, paste below code to the blank script.
VBA: Transpose left to right
Sub RearrangeColumns() 'UpdatebyExtenoffice20161125 Dim xLng, i As Long, LastRow As Long, Letters As Variant, NewLetters As Variant Dim strTemp As String On Error Resume Next strTemp = Application.InputBox _ (Prompt:="Enter the column you want to transpose with comma separate", _ Title:="Kutools For Excel", Type:=2) For i = Len(strTemp) To 1 Step -1 NewOrder = NewOrder + Mid(strTemp, i, 1) Next i LastRow = Cells.Find(What:="*", SearchOrder:=xlRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, LookIn:=xlFormulas).Row Letters = Split(NewOrder, ",") ReDim NewLetters(1 To UBound(Letters) + 1) Application.ScreenUpdating = False For xLng = 0 To UBound(Letters) NewLetters(xLng + 1) = Columns(Letters(xLng)).Column Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True Range("A1").Resize(LastRow, UBound(Letters) + 1) = _ Application.Index(Cells, Evaluate("ROW(1:" & LastRow & ")"), NewLetters) End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, a dialog pops out for you to enter the column letters you want to transpose. Please separate these column letters with comma as below screenshot shown.
4. Click OK. Now the selection has been transposed left to right.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can quickly transpose cells left to right or up to down with its Flip Vertical Range and Flip Horizontal Range utilities as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the cells you want to transpose left to right or up to down, click Kutools > Range > Flip Horizontal Range/Flip Vertical Range > All or Only flip values. See screenshots:
|Flip Horizontal Range > All:|
|Flip Horizontal > Only flip values:|
|Flip Vertical Range > All:||
Flip Vertical Range > Only flip values:
You may interested in:
- How to transpose reference while auto fill down/right in Excel?
- How to transpose and link values in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!