How to quickly calculate the overtime and payment in Excel?
For instance, there is a table recording a worker’s work on and work off time, and you want to calculate the overtime hour and the payment as below screenshot shown, how can you quickly solve this task in Excel?
To calculate the overtime hour and payment, you can do as below:
1. Apply a formula to display the regular working hour first. In cell F1, enter this formula =IF((((C2-B2)+(E2-D2))*24)>8,8,((C2-B2)+(E2-D2))*24), and drag auto fill handle down to display the regular working hour of each day. See screenshot:
2. In cell G2, which will display the overtime, enter this formula =IF(((C2-B2)+(E2-D2))*24>8, ((C2-B2)+(E2-D2))*24-8,0), drag AutoFill handle down to apply this formula to the cells, now the overtime of each day has been calculated. See screenshot:
In above formulas, C2 and D2 are the time that lunch starts and ends, and B2 and E2 are the time that log in and log off, 8 is the regular working hour each day, you can change these references as you need.
You can calculate the total working hours and payments.
3. In cell F8, type this formula =SUM(F2:F7) and drag to right to fill this formula to G8, now the total regular hours and overtime hours have been gotten.
4. In the cells which you want to calculate the payment for regular hours and overtime, enter the formula =F8*I2 and formula =G8*J2 separately, see screenshots:
In the formula, F8 and G8 are the cells containing total regular hours and total overtime, I2 and J2 contain the payment per hour.
You can apply =F9+G9 to calculate the total payments which include regular payments and overtime payment.
Easily add days/years/month/hours/minutes/seconds to a datetime in Excel
|Supposing you have a date time format data in a cell, and now you need to add a number of days, years, months, hours, minutes, or seconds to this date. Normally, using formula is the first method for all Excel users, but it’s hard to remember all formulas. With Kutools for Excel’s Date & Time Helper utility, you can easily add days, years, months, or hours, minutes or seconds to a date time, moreover, you can caculate the date difference, or the age based on a given birthday without remembering the formula at all. Click for full-featured free trial in 30 days!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!