How to lookup to return an active hyperlink in Excel?
In Excel, the VLOOKUP function can help us to return the corresponding value based on a specific cell data. But, if the lookup value is in URL hyperlink format, it will be displayed as plain text without the hyperlink as following screenshot shown. How could you keep the hyperlink format when using the VLOOKUP function?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To lookup and return the corresponding value with hyperlink, you can combine the Hyperlink and Vlookup functions to solve it, please do as this:
Enter this formula: =HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP(D2, $A$1:$B$8,2,FALSE)) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, then press Enter key, and the corresponding value with hyperlink has been returned at once, see screenshot:
1. In the above formula, D2 is the cell value which you want to return its corresponding data, A1:B8 is the data range that you want to use, the number 2 indicates the column number that your matched value is returned.
2. This formula is only applied to the hyperlinks which are URL websites or full path.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoBagaimana cara membuat hasil indek match yang ada hyperlink worksheet nya aktif. Atau mungkin ada cara lain untuk menampilkannhasil cari yg mengandung link sheet aktif
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis almost worked for me but I have a long list of hyperlinks to reference to and as the address’s are quite lengthy, I have used the “Text to display” function to shorten the text displayed.
As I have done this, the hyperlink no longer works as it references the text displayed, not the correct address.
Is is there anyway round this as I do not have space in spreadsheet to display the full address?