How to calculate the absolute difference between two values/times in Excel?
To calculate the difference between two values or times may be easy for most of Excel users, but have you tried to calculate the absolute difference between values as below screenshot shown? Here in this article, I introduce some tricks on quickly getting the ABS difference between values in Excel.
To calculate the absolute differences, you just need one of below formulas, paste one of below formulas to the blank cell you want to place the result, press Enter key, and drag fill handle over cells needed this formula.
Note: if you want to calculate the absolute difference between times, you only can apply =ABS(A2-B2) and then format values as time. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, its Change Sign of Values utility also can quickly calculate the absolute differences between two numbers.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a cell that you want to place the differences, type =F2-G2, and drag fill handle down to fill this formula to the cells.
2. Click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values, in the Change Sign of Values dialog, check Change all negative values to positive option. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, and a dialog pops out to remind you some information, click Yes to continue. See screenshot:
Now all negative differences have been converted to absolute.
Sum absolute value in Excel
|If there are two list of values mixed with negative and positive numbers, now you want to get the absolute sum of two list in the same row, how can you quickly solve? The Sum absolute values utility in Kutools for Excel can do you a favor without remember formula. . Click for full-featured 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!