How to calculate the absolute difference between two values/times in Excel?
To calculate the difference between two values or times may be easy for most of Excel users, but have you tried to calculate the absolute difference between values as below screenshot shown? Here in this article, I introduce some tricks on quickly getting the ABS difference between values in Excel.
To calculate the absolute differences, you just need one of below formulas, paste one of below formulas to the blank cell you want to place the result, press Enter key, and drag fill handle over cells needed this formula.
Note: if you want to calculate the absolute difference between times, you only can apply =ABS(A2-B2) and then format values as time. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, its Change Sign of Values utility also can quickly calculate the absolute differences between two numbers.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a cell that you want to place the differences, type =F2-G2, and drag fill handle down to fill this formula to the cells.
2. Click Kutools > Content > Change Sign of Values, in the Change Sign of Values dialog, check Change all negative values to positive option. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok or Apply, and a dialog pops out to remind you some information, click Yes to continue. See screenshot:
Now all negative differences have been converted to absolute.
Sum absolute value in Excel
|If there are two list of values mixed with negative and positive numbers, now you want to get the absolute sum of two list in the same row, how can you quickly solve? The Sum absolute values utility in Kutools for Excel can do you a favor without remember formula. . Click for full-featured 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoThis was very educational and helpful/\.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoformel for difference in percent