How to quickly rank a league table in Excel?
As we all known, in the league, the ranking of a team is not only depending on one factor, it is depend on three factors, the total points, then the goal differences, and followed by the goal scoring. In this tutorial, I introduce how to quickly rank a league table in Excel.
For instance, there is a league table shown as below, now follow the steps one by one to rank the teams.
1. Firstly, calculate the total point of each team. As a winner gets three points, select a cell, I2, and type this formula =C2*3+D2 (C2 contains the times of winning, D2 is the draw), drag fill handle down to the cells you need to apply this formula. See screenshot:
2. Now rank the total points. Select cell J2, type this formula =COUNTIF($I$2:$I$21,">"&I2)+1 (I2 is the first cell in the list which contains the total points, I2:I21 is the list of total points), drag handle down to the cells you need.
3. Then rank the goal difference. Select cell K2, and type this formula =(COUNTIF($H$2:$H$21,">"&H2)+1)/100 (H2 is the first cell that contains goal difference, H2: H21 is the list of goal difference), drag fill handle down to fill the cells.
4. Rank the goals scoring in this step. Select cell L2, and type the formula =(COUNTIF($F$2:$F$21,">"&F2)+1)/1000 (F2 is the goals scoring, F2:F21 is the list of goals scoring), drag fill handle down to the cells.
5. Now add the total points rank, goal difference rank and goals scoring rank together. Cell M2, use this formula =J2+K2+L2 (J2, K2, L2 are the total points rank, goal difference rank and goals scoring rank), drag fill handle down to fill this formula to cells.
6. Finally, you can get the rank of league team. Select the cell you want to place the ranking, N2 for instance, type this formula =COUNTIF($M$2:$M$21,"<"&M2)+1, (M2 is the first cell in the list of sum of total points rank, goal difference rank and goals scoring rank, and M2:M21 is the list of summed by total points rank, goal difference rank and goals scoring rank), drag fill handle down to fill the formula.
Easily Round numbers up or down or to even in Excel without formula
|As we known, there are some formulas can round numbers, but you do not want to use formula to round numbers, the Round utility of Kutools for Excel can do you a favor. Click for 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!