How to set tab order of cells or unlocked cells in Excel?
Supposing you need to set the tab order for your own defined cells, for example, press the Tab key will move from cell B5 to C6, from C6 to D7, from D7 to E8, then return to B5 when leaving cell E8 in a worksheet as below screenshot shown. How to achieve it? This article provides a VBA method for you.
Please run the below VBA method to set tab order of cells in normal worksheet or unlocked cells in protected worksheet.
1. In the worksheet you need to set tab order, right click the sheet tab and click View Code from the context menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Set tab order of cells or unlocked cells
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim tabArray As Variant Dim i As Long tabArray = Array("B5", "C6", "D7", "E8") Application.ScreenUpdating = False For i = LBound(tabArray) To UBound(tabArray) If tabArray(i) = Target.Address(0, 0) Then If i = UBound(tabArray) Then Me.Range(tabArray(LBound(tabArray))).Select Else Me.Range(tabArray(i + 1)).Select End If End If Next i Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, after inputting data in B5, the cursor goes to C6 with pressing the Tab or Enter key, then goes to D7 when leaving C6, and then moves to D7, E8 in current worksheet.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!