How to create username from full name using first initial and last name?
If you have a list of full names, and now, you want to extract the first initial and last name from the full name for creating a username as following screenshot shown. How could you deal with this task in Excel quickly and easily?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here, I can introduce a formula to directly extract the first initial and last name from full name, please do as this:
Enter this formula: =PROPER(LEFT(A2)&TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A2," ",REPT(" ",99)),99))) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then drag the fill handle down to the cells, and all first initials and last names have been extracted from each full names, see screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI want a cute username for my Instagram that's involves using my name in it some how my current oke is xclairedawsonx but I want to change it to something different