How to repeat or loop a Macro every X minutes in Excel?
While working with Microsoft Excel, you may need to create Macros to achieve some operations. For example, you want to create a Macro to automatically copy a range of data to a new place. As the data will be changed frequently, you need this Macro to automatically run every 5 minutes without manually triggering it in order to synchronize these two ranges of data. How to achieve it? Method in this article can help you.
The following VBA code can help you to repeat a Macro every X minutes in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys at the same time to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste the below VBA code into the Code window. See screenshot:
VBA code: Repeat or loop a Macro every X minutes in Excel
Sub ReRunMacro() Dim xMin As String 'Insert your code here xMin = GetSetting(AppName:="Kutools", Section:="Macro", Key:="min", Default:="") If xMin = "Exit" Then SaveSetting "Kutools", "Macro", "min", "False" Exit Sub End If If (xMin = "") Or (xMin = "False") Then xMin = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Please input the interval time you need to repeat the Macro", Title:="Kutools for Excel", Type:=2) SaveSetting "Kutools", "Macro", "min", xMin End If If (xMin <> "") And (xMin <> "False") Then Application.OnTime Now() + TimeValue("0:" + xMin + ":0"), "ReRunMacro" Else Exit Sub End If End Sub
Note: In the code, please replace this line ‘Insert your code here with the code you will run every X minutes.
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please enter the interval time you will repeat the macro based on, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
From now on, the certain Macro will run repeatedly every 5 minutes in your workbook.
Note: If you need to stop the execution of the macro and change the interval of the cycle, please copy the below VBA code into the same Module window and press the F5 key to run the code. Then the Macro will be stopped, please rerun the above code to specify a new interval.
VBA code: Stop the execution of the macro
Sub ExitReRunMacro() SaveSetting "Kutools", "Macro", "min", "Exit" End Sub
- How to repeat rows when scrolling worksheet in Excel?
- How to repeat the last or previous action in Excel?
- How to print rows repeatedly at the bottom of every printed page in Excel?
- How to repeat a cell value until new value is seen or reached in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!