How to run macro based on value selected from drop down list in Excel?
To run macros by clicking command button is a common task in Excel, but, have you ever tried to execute the macro codes based on the value which is selected from drop down list? It means, when you choose one item from the drop down list, the specific macro will be triggered at once. This article will introduce a useful code for you to solving this job.
Run macro based on value selected from drop down list with VBA code
There is no direct way to finish this task, but, the following VBA code can help you, please do as this:
1. Firstly, create a drop down list as you need, see screenshot:
2. Then right click the sheet tab contains the drop down you want to use, and then choose View Code from the context menu, and in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window, copy and paste the following code into the blank Module:
VBA code: Run macro based on value selected from drop down list:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("E1")) Is Nothing Then
Select Case Range("E1")
Case "Insert Blank rows": Macro1
Case "Hide All Sheets": Macro2
Case "Convert to Date": Macro3
Note: In the above code, E1 is the cell contains the drop down list, change the macro names and drop down list values to your needed.
3. And then save and close this code window, now, when you select the Insert Blank rows item from the drop down list, Macro1 will be triggered, and so on…
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Good morning. Would you be able to do Macro from drop down menu for next: To run macro and save separated sheets for each item from Dropdown menu? In your case should be looking like this:
1. You run macro and then you have separated sheet with values for "Insert blank rows" saved in designated folder
2. Separated sheet with values for " Hide all sheets:" saved in designated folder
3. Separated sheet with values for " Convert to date" saved in designated folder.
4. Macro is done now
Mainly i am able do set all of this except that macro automatically change selection from drop down menu ?
Al aplicarlo me sale un error de compilación: La declaración del procedimiento no coincide con la descripción del evento o el procedimiento que tiene el mismo nombre. Que quiere decir eso? que debo cambiar/arreglar? Gracias