How to directly jump to next duplicate cell in Excel?
There is a list which contains some duplicate values in Excel, in this case, I want to directly jump to next duplicate value if selecting a value as below screenshot shown. To solve this job, you need some helper columns and formulas.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. In the adjacent cell, B2 for instance, type this formula =MATCH(A2,A3:$A17,0), drag fill handle down to apply this formula to the cells you need. This formula displays the differences of rows between two duplicate values.
2. Select the cell C2, type this formula =IFERROR(B2,0), drag fill handle down to the cells you want to apply this formula. This formula change the errors to zero.
3. In the cell D2, type this formula =ROW(A2), and drag fill handle down to cells you want. This formula displays the row number of each value in the list.
4. In the cell E2, enter this formula =C2+D2, drag fill handle down. This formula displays the row number of the next duplicate values.
5. In the cell F2, type this formula =ADDRESS(E2,1) and drag fill handle down to the cells for showing the cell reference of the next duplicate value.
6. In cell G2, type this formula =HYPERLINK("#"&F2,"next duplicate"), drag fill handle down to the cells. This formula will create the hyperlink to the next duplicate of the relative value.
You also can use this formula =HYPERLINK("#"&F2,IF(C2=0,"No more","next duplicate")) in step 6.