How to loop through rows until a specific value found in Excel?
In some cases, you may want to loop through rows one by one until a specific value found in a sheet. Here I introduce a macro code to help you to loop data until a specific value met.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, paste below code to the blank Module.
VBA: Loop through rows until specific value
Sub LoopUntilSpecificValue() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20161222 Dim fStr As String Dim strActAddress As String Dim fbool As Boolean Dim cnt As Long, cntRow As Long Dim xRg As Range, yRg As Range, zRg As Range fbool = False strActAddress = "" cnt = 0 On Error Resume Next Set zRg = ActiveSheet.UsedRange cntRow = zRg.Rows.Count Set xRg = Application.InputBox _ (Prompt:="Range select..", Title:="Kutools for Excel", Type:=8) fStr = Application.InputBox _ (Prompt:="Search string?", Title:="Kutools for Excel", Type:=2) Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each yRg In xRg If yRg.Row > cntRow Then MsgBox "Value not found ", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Application.ScreenUpdating = True Exit Sub End If If yRg.Value2 = fStr Then Application.ScreenUpdating = True yRg.Activate fbool = True strActAddress = yRg.Address MsgBox "Value found in cell " & strActAddress, vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Exit Sub Else cnt = cnt + 1 End If Next yRg If cnt = xRg.Count Then MsgBox "Value not found ", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" End If Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press F5 key, a dialog pops out for selecting a column to loop through. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and type the string you want to find in the second popped out dialog. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. It will loop through the selection until the specify value found.
|Kutools for Excel: The 200 functions you must have in Excel, you can free download from here|