How to loop through rows until a specific value found in Excel?
In some cases, you may want to loop through rows one by one until a specific value found in a sheet. Here I introduce a macro code to help you to loop data until a specific value met.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, paste below code to the blank Module.
VBA: Loop through rows until specific value
Sub LoopUntilSpecificValue() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20161222 Dim fStr As String Dim strActAddress As String Dim fbool As Boolean Dim cnt As Long, cntRow As Long Dim xRg As Range, yRg As Range, zRg As Range fbool = False strActAddress = "" cnt = 0 On Error Resume Next Set zRg = ActiveSheet.UsedRange cntRow = zRg.Rows.Count Set xRg = Application.InputBox _ (Prompt:="Range select..", Title:="Kutools for Excel", Type:=8) fStr = Application.InputBox _ (Prompt:="Search string?", Title:="Kutools for Excel", Type:=2) Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each yRg In xRg If yRg.Row > cntRow Then MsgBox "Value not found ", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Application.ScreenUpdating = True Exit Sub End If If yRg.Value2 = fStr Then Application.ScreenUpdating = True yRg.Activate fbool = True strActAddress = yRg.Address MsgBox "Value found in cell " & strActAddress, vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" Exit Sub Else cnt = cnt + 1 End If Next yRg If cnt = xRg.Count Then MsgBox "Value not found ", vbInformation, "Kutools for Excel" End If Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press F5 key, a dialog pops out for selecting a column to loop through. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and type the string you want to find in the second popped out dialog. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. It will loop through the selection until the specify value found.
|Kutools for Excel: The 200 functions you must have in Excel, you can free download from here|