How to automatically remove duplicates form a list in Excel?
In Excel, we can use the Remove Duplicates feature to remove the same values from a list, but is there any trick to auto remove the duplicates from the list? In this article, I introduce the tricks on automatically removing duplicates if there is duplicate appearing in a specify Excel column.
1. Click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, under Settings tab, select Custom form Allow list, and type this formula =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$20,A1)=1 into the Formula text box. See screenshot:
In the formula, A1:A20 is the range you want to auto remove duplicate from.
3. Click OK. And now if you type a duplicate value, a warning dialog will pop out.
If you are not familiar with formulas, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Prevent Duplicate utility to stop from duplicates being typed in range at once.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the range or a column you want to auto remove duplicates, and then click Kutools > Prevent Typing > Prevent Duplicate. See screenshot:
Some dialogs pop out for reminding you some notices, click Yes > OK to close the dialogs.
Now a warning dialog pops out to remind you while you try to enter duplicate values.
Here is another relative utility called Prevent Typing, you can specify the character you want to prevent typing or only allow typing in a list as below screenshot show:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!