How to display only rows with certain text in Excel?
In Excel, the Filter function is used widely in our daily work. And in this case, I introduce how to filter rows with certain text in Excel. For instance, here are two columns, and I want to show the rows which contain “KTE” in column B only as below screenshot shown.
To display rows that contain a string, you can do as below:
1. Select the ranges you use, and click Data > Filter to enable the Filter function.
2. Then click at the filter icon on the column you want to filter on, and select Text Filters > Contains. See screenshot:
3. In the Custom AutoFilter dialog, you can specify the text you want to filter based on. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Then only the rows which contain the text string you specified are displayed.
If you usually use the same filter criteria across workbooks, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Super Filter function, it can save the filter settings for reusing easily with only several clicks, without reconfiguring it repeatedly.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the data you want to user, click Kutools Plus > Super Filter. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Super Filter pane, check Specified to fix the filtering range, and specify the criteria as you need in the pane. See screenshot:
3. Click Filter to filter the range.
4. Then click Save current filter settings button , then a dialog pops out for you to give this scenario a name, and specify the scenario applying range.
5. Click OK, and you can open the scenario by clicking the drop-down menu > Open saved filter settings scenario to select the current saved scenario, or clicking Manage filter settings scenarios button , select the specified filter setting you want, and then click Open to enable the filter settings next time.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!