How to quickly remove all numberings or bullet points from an Excel column?
If there is a sheet you received has been inserted with multiple bullet points or numbering which you do not need, how can you quickly remove all of these numberings and bullets as bellow screenshot show? In this tutorial, I introduce some tricks on removing numbering or bullet points form Excel.
To remove bullet points, you can apply the Find and Replace function to find the bullets first, then replace them with nothing.
1. Select the cells you want to remove bullets from, press Ctrl + H keys to enable Find and Replace dialog, in the Find what text box, hold Alt key, and press 0149 in the number pad, leaving nothing in the Replace with textbox. See screenshot:
Note: For removing other kinds of bullets, you can insert the bullet in one cell, copy it, and then paste into the Find what text box.
2. Click Replace All. Now a dialog pops out to tell you how many cells have been replaced.
3. Click OK to close it.
If you want to remove numberings or bullets, you can apply a formula to solve it.
Select a blank cell that you will place the result, and type this formula = RIGHT(D10, LEN(D10)-2), and press Enter key, then drag fill handle over the cells you want to remove the bullets or numberings. See screenshot:
In the formula, D10 is the cell you want to remove numbering from, 2 means remove 2 characters from the left of the specified cell.
Actually, there are two handy utilities – Insert Bullet and Insert Numbering in the powerful add in, Kutools for Excel, with them, you can quickly insert bullets or numberings in multiple cells at once, and also can remove bullets and numbering as quickly as possible.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the cells you want to insert bullets, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Bullet, and select one type of bullets you need. See screenshot:
Then the bullets have been inserted into each cell.
Select the bullet cells, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Bullet > None. See screenshot:
Select the cells you want to insert numbering, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Numbering, and select one type of numberings you need. See screenshot:
Then the cells have been inserted with numberings.
Select the numbering cells, and click Kutools > Insert > Insert Numbering > None. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!