How to recover the table auto-expand feature in Excel?
While working on a table in the worksheet, the table will be auto-expanded by default when new data entered at the bottom of the table. But, sometimes, you will find that the table will not be expanded automatically as following screenshot shown. What’s the problem? How could you return the table auto-expand feature back in Excel as you want?
To solve this problem, you may need to go to the Excel Options to finish some configurations, please do as this:
1. Click File > Options to go to the Excel Options dialog box, then click Proofing in the left pane, and then click AutoCorrect Options button, see screenshot:
2. In the popped out AutoCorrect dialog box, click the AutoFormat As You Type tab, and then check Include new rows and columns in table under the Apply as you work section, and then check Fill formulas in tables to create calculated columns from the Automatically as you work section, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and now, when you enter new data at the bottom of the table, it will be auto expanded normally.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!