How to zoom or magnify selected cells in Excel?
As we all know, Excel has a Zoom feature to help us to increase the size of the cell value in the whole worksheet. But, sometimes, we just need to zoom or magnify only the selected cells. Are there any good ideas for us to enlarge the selected cells only in a worksheet?
May be there in no direct way for us to magnify the selected cells in Excel, but, here, I can introduce a VBA code to deal with this job as a workaround. Please do as follows:
1. Right click the sheet tab that you want to enlarge the selected cells automatically, and then choose View Code from the context menu, in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window, copy and paste the following code into the blank Module:
VBA code: Zoom or magnify the selected cells:
Private Sub worksheet_selectionchange(ByVal Target As Range) 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim xRg As Range Dim xCell As Range Dim xShape As Variant Set xRg = Target.Areas(1) For Each xShape In ActiveSheet.Pictures If xShape.Name = "zoom_cells" Then xShape.Delete End If Next If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountBlank(xRg) = xRg.Count Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False xRg.CopyPicture appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture Application.ActiveSheet.Pictures.Paste.Select With Selection .Name = "zoom_cells" With .ShapeRange .ScaleWidth 1.5, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft .ScaleHeight 1.5, msoFalse, msoScaleFromTopLeft With .Fill .ForeColor.SchemeColor = 44 .Visible = msoTrue .Solid .Transparency = 0 End With End With End With xRg.Select Application.ScreenUpdating = True Set xRg = Nothing End Sub
2. Then save and close this code window, now, when you select or click some data cells, the cells will be magnified as a picture automatically, see screenshot:
Note: The selected cells will be changed back to original size after selecting other cells.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!