How to increment date by 1 month, 1 year or 7 days in Excel?
The Autofill handle is convenient while filling dates in ascending or descending order in Excel. But in default, the dates are increased by one day, how can you increment date by 1month, 1 year or 7 days as below screenshot shown?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With the Fill Series utility, you can increment date by 1 month, 1 year or a week.
1. Select a blank cell and type the starting date.
2. Select a range including starting date, and click Home > Fill > Series. See screenshot:
3. In the Series dialog, do the following options.
1)Sepcify the filling range by rows or columns
2)Check Date in Type section
3)Choose the filling unit
4)Specify the increment value
4. Click OK. And then the selection have been filled date by month, years or days.
If you want to add months, years or days to a date or dates, you can apply a simple formula.
Select a blank cell next to the date you use, type this formula =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)) and then press Enter key, drag fill handle over the cells you need to use this formula. See screenshot:
In the formula, A1 is the date you use, if you want to add 1 year to the date, just use =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)), if you want to add 7 days to the date, use this formula =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+7).
With Kutools for Excel, you can quickly add months, years or weeks or days to date.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a blank cell which will place the result, click Kutools > Formula Helper, then select one utility as you need from the list. See screenshot:
2. Supposing you have selected Add years to date, then select the date you want to add year to the Date Time box, type the number of year you want to add into Number box. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. And drag the fill handle over the cells you want to use this formula. See screenshot: