How to increment date by 1 month, 1 year or 7 days in Excel?
The Autofill handle is convenient while filling dates in ascending or descending order in Excel. But in default, the dates are increased by one day, how can you increment date by 1month, 1 year or 7 days as below screenshot shown?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
With the Fill Series utility, you can increment date by 1 month, 1 year or a week.
1. Select a blank cell and type the starting date.
2. Select a range including starting date, and click Home > Fill > Series. See screenshot:
3. In the Series dialog, do the following options.
1)Sepcify the filling range by rows or columns
2)Check Date in Type section
3)Choose the filling unit
4)Specify the increment value
4. Click OK. And then the selection have been filled date by month, years or days.
If you want to add months, years or days to a date or dates, you can apply a simple formula.
Select a blank cell next to the date you use, type this formula =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,DAY(A1)) and then press Enter key, drag fill handle over the cells you need to use this formula. See screenshot:
In the formula, A1 is the date you use, if you want to add 1 year to the date, just use =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)), if you want to add 7 days to the date, use this formula =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+7).
With Kutools for Excel, you can quickly add months, years or weeks or days to date.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select a blank cell which will place the result, click Kutools > Formula Helper, then select one utility as you need from the list. See screenshot:
2. Supposing you have selected Add years to date, then select the date you want to add year to the Date Time box, type the number of year you want to add into Number box. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. And drag the fill handle over the cells you want to use this formula. See screenshot: