How to rotate table by 90 or 180 degrees in Excel?
In this article, I introduce the ways to rotate a table by 90 degrees or 180 degrees as below screenshot shown.
Quickly transpose Cross table to list or vice versa
|While you receiving a sheet with cross table which you need to convert to list table, how can you quickly deal with it? With Kutools fro Excel's Transpose Table Dimensions utility, you can convert cross dimensions table to three demensions table or vice versa as quickly as you can. Click for 30-day full-featured free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To rotate a table anticlockwise in 90 degrees, you can do as below steps:
1. Select the table and press Ctrl + C keys to copy the table data, select a blank cell and right click to display the context menu, and then click Paste Special > Transpose. See screenshot:
2. Then in the next column of the transposed table, type a series of numbers as below screenshot shown.
3. Then select the data including the series of numbers and click Date > Sort. See screenshot:
4． In the Sort dialog, select the series number column in Sort by list, and choose Values and Largest to Smallest in next two lists. See screenshot:
5. Click OK, then the table has been anti-clockwise rotated by 90 degrees, you can remove the helper column then. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to clockwise rotate table by 90 degrees, just transpose paste the data first, and add a helper row under the data. See screenshot:
Then in the Sort dialog, click Options in Sort dialog, and check Sort left to right in Sort Options.
Then continue to select the row with series numbers and sort data Largest to Smallest, and click OK. See screenshot:
The table has been clockwise rotated by 90 degrees.
If you want to anti-clockwise rotate a table by 180 degrees, you can define a name then apply a formula.
1. Select the table you want to use, go to the Name box to give it a name. See screenshot:
2. Create a new sheet, select the cell A1 in the new sheet, type this formula =OFFSET(myrng,ROWS(myrng)-ROW(),COLUMNS(myrng)-COLUMN(),), myrng is the range name you give in step 1, press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys, and then drag the fill handle over cells to fill all the table data. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, the Flip Vertical Range and Flip Horizontal Range utilities can quickly flip table by 180 degrees.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the table you want to use, click Kutools > Range > Flip Horizontal Range > All or Only flip values. See screenshot:
2. Click Kutools > Range > Flip Vertical Range > All or Only flip values. See screenshot: