How to rotate table by 90 or 180 degrees in Excel?
In this article, I introduce the ways to rotate a table by 90 degrees or 180 degrees as below screenshot shown.
Quickly transpose Cross table to list or vice versa
|While you receiving a sheet with cross table which you need to convert to list table, how can you quickly deal with it? With Kutools fro Excel's Transpose Table Dimensions utility, you can convert cross dimensions table to three demensions table or vice versa as quickly as you can. Click for 60-day full-featured free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To rotate a table anticlockwise in 90 degrees, you can do as below steps:
1. Select the table and press Ctrl + C keys to copy the table data, select a blank cell and right click to display the context menu, and then click Paste Special > Transpose. See screenshot:
2. Then in the next column of the transposed table, type a series of numbers as below screenshot shown.
3. Then select the data including the series of numbers and click Date > Sort. See screenshot:
4． In the Sort dialog, select the series number column in Sort by list, and choose Values and Largest to Smallest in next two lists. See screenshot:
5. Click OK, then the table has been anti-clockwise rotated by 90 degrees, you can remove the helper column then. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to clockwise rotate table by 90 degrees, just transpose paste the data first, and add a helper row under the data. See screenshot:
Then in the Sort dialog, click Options in Sort dialog, and check Sort left to right in Sort Options.
Then continue to select the row with series numbers and sort data Largest to Smallest, and click OK. See screenshot:
The table has been clockwise rotated by 90 degrees.
If you want to anti-clockwise rotate a table by 180 degrees, you can define a name then apply a formula.
1. Select the table you want to use, go to the Name box to give it a name. See screenshot:
2. Create a new sheet, select the cell A1 in the new sheet, type this formula =OFFSET(myrng,ROWS(myrng)-ROW(),COLUMNS(myrng)-COLUMN(),), myrng is the range name you give in step 1, press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys, and then drag the fill handle over cells to fill all the table data. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, the Flip Vertical Range and Flip Horizontal Range utilities can quickly flip table by 180 degrees.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the table you want to use, click Kutools > Range > Flip Horizontal Range > All or Only flip values. See screenshot:
2. Click Kutools > Range > Flip Vertical Range > All or Only flip values. See screenshot: