How to rotate table by 90 or 180 degrees in Excel?
In this article, I introduce the ways to rotate a table by 90 degrees or 180 degrees as below screenshot shown.
To rotate a table anticlockwise in 90 degrees, you can do as below steps:
1. Select the table and press Ctrl + C keys to copy the table data, select a blank cell and right click to display the context menu, and then click Paste Special > Transpose. See screenshot:
2. Then in the next column of the transposed table, type a series of numbers as below screenshot shown.
3. Then select the data including the series of numbers and click Date > Sort. See screenshot:
4． In the Sort dialog, select the series number column in Sort by list, and choose Values and Largest to Smallest in next two lists. See screenshot:
5. Click OK, then the table has been anti-clockwise rotated by 90 degrees, you can remove the helper column then. See screenshot:
Note: If you want to clockwise rotate table by 90 degrees, just transpose paste the data first, and add a helper row under the data. See screenshot:
Then in the Sort dialog, click Options in Sort dialog, and check Sort left to right in Sort Options.
Then continue to select the row with series numbers and sort data Largest to Smallest, and click OK. See screenshot:
The table has been clockwise rotated by 90 degrees.
If you want to anti-clockwise rotate a table by 180 degrees, you can define a name then apply a formula.
1. Select the table you want to use, go to the Name box to give it a name. See screenshot:
2. Create a new sheet, select the cell A1 in the new sheet, type this formula =OFFSET(myrng,ROWS(myrng)-ROW(),COLUMNS(myrng)-COLUMN(),), myrng is the range name you give in step 1, press Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys, and then drag the fill handle over cells to fill all the table data. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, the Flip Vertical Range and Flip Horizontal Range utilities can quickly flip table by 180 degrees.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the table you want to use, click Kutools > Range > Flip Horizontal Range > All or Only flip values. See screenshot:
2. Click Kutools > Range > Flip Vertical Range > All or Only flip values. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!