How to automatically run macro when cell formula result changes?
Supposing, I have a list of formulas based on the data in column A and column B as following screenshot shown, now, I want to run a specific macro code automatically when formula result changes with its relative cells change. Is there any good idea to solve this job in Excel?
The following VBA code can help you to execute a specific code automatically when the formula result cell changes, please do as this:
1. Right-click the sheet tab that you want to use, and then choose View Code from the context menu, in the opened Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window, copy and paste the following code into the blank Module:
VBA code: Automatically run macro when cell formula result changes:
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'Updateby Extendoffice Dim Xrg As Range Set Xrg = Range("C2:C8") If Not Intersect(Xrg, Range("C2:C8")) Is Nothing Then Macro1 End If End Sub
Note: In the above code, C2:C8 is the range of formula cells that you want to use，maco1 is the name of the macro you want to run automatically. Please change it to your need.
2. Then save and close this code window, now, when the data in range A2:B8 changes to cause the formula result changes, your specific macro code is triggered at once.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!