How to display January (month name) if cell starts with 1(numbers) in Excel?
Maybe in some special cases, you may want to display the cell as January if it starts with 1. For instance, there is a list of dates shown as mm/dd/yy, and you want to convert all dates into month names as below screenshot shown.
Here are some formulas that can change the date to month name in Excel.
Select a blank cell, type one of below formulas to it, and press Enter key to get the month name. If you need, drag the Auto fill handle to over cells which need to apply this formula.
In Kutools for Excel’s hundreds of utilities, there is a handy feature – Apply Date Formatting that can quickly convert dates formatting.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the date cells, and click Kutools > Format > Apply Date Formatting. See screenshot:
2. In the Apply Date Formatting dialog, select the month format form left Date formatting list, click Ok or Apply. Then the dates have been converted. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!