How to rotate footer/header text while in Landscape mode in Excel?
In Excel, we can rotate a cell text by 45 or 90 degrees as we need, but have you ever tried to rotate the footer or header text by 90 degrees? Supposing you want to print a sheet in landscape mode, and you want to rotate the header or footer for viewing the page number conveniently as below screenshot show. How could you solve it in Excel?
Rotate footer or header text while in landscape mode
There is no direct way to rotate footer or header, but I can introduce a roundabout way to quickly insert header and rotate it in landscape mode.
1. Insert a column before column A (you can insert a new column before the page break line if you want to insert footer). See screenshot:
2. Then select a cell between cell A1 and A33 you want to insert a header, and type the page number into it. See screenshot:
3. Then click Home > Orientation > Format Cell Alignment, and in the Format Cells dialog, type 90 into the Degrees text box. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and the specified number has been rotated.
Tip.If there are several sheets needed to rotate the header, you can apply Kutools for Excel's Copy Worksheets utility to copy the format of a sheet to multiple new sheets as shown in the following steps. It’s full function without limitation in 30 days, please download and have a free trial now.
1. After you insert and rotate the header in a sheet, click Kutools Plus > Copy Worksheets. See screenshot:
2. In the Copy Multiple Worksheets dialog, select the sheet name you have inserted and rotated the header in left list, and specify the number of copies and location in right section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, then the specified number of sheets with the same format and contents have been created, you can change the page number and contents as you need. See screenshot:
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.