How to rotate footer/header text while in Landscape mode in Excel?
In Excel, we can rotate a cell text by 45 or 90 degrees as we need, but have you ever tried to rotate the footer or header text by 90 degrees? Supposing you want to print a sheet in landscape mode, and you want to rotate the header or footer for viewing the page number conveniently as below screenshot show. How could you solve it in Excel?
There is no direct way to rotate footer or header, but I can introduce a roundabout way to quickly insert header and rotate it in landscape mode.
1. Insert a column before column A (you can insert a new column before the page break line if you want to insert footer). See screenshot:
2. Then select a cell between cell A1 and A33 you want to insert a header, and type the page number into it. See screenshot:
3. Then click Home > Orientation > Format Cell Alignment, and in the Format Cells dialog, type 90 into the Degrees text box. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and the specified number has been rotated.
1. After you insert and rotate the header in a sheet, click Kutools Plus > Copy Worksheets. See screenshot:
2. In the Copy Multiple Worksheets dialog, select the sheet name you have inserted and rotated the header in left list, and specify the number of copies and location in right section. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, then the specified number of sheets with the same format and contents have been created, you can change the page number and contents as you need. See screenshot:
- How To Rotate Text And Cell Border To 45 Degrees In Excel?
- How to rotate table by 90 or 180 degrees in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!