How to quickly count appearance in every 15 minutes in Excel?
Here is a list of time about the calling records in a sheet. In this case, I want to count the times of the calling records in every 15 minutes as below screenshot shown, do you have any good idea?
To count the times of records in every 15 minutes, you need to use some formulas first and then create a PivotTable.
1. Firstly, you need to calculate the total number of quarters in a day. You can create a range of cells as following screenshot shown, and type formula =B2 *C2 0r directly type =24*4 in cell D2, type =1/D2 or = 1/96 in cell E2.
2. Then select a blank cell next to the data of time, type this formula =INT(A4/$E$2)*$E$2, E2 is the cell that you use formula =1/96 in above step. See screenshot:
3. Drag Autofill handle down to apply this formula to the other cells. See screenshot:
4. In the next column, column C, type 1 into the cells beside the formulas. See screenshot:
5. Select the range including headers, and click Insert > PivotTable. See screenshot:
6. In the Create PivotTable dialog, choose to place the Pivot Table in a new sheet or existing sheet. See screenshot:
7. Click OK, and then in the PivotTable Fields pane, add a When column (the formulas column) to ROWS list and add Count column (the number 1 column) to VALUES list. See screenshot:
Now the times of callings have been counted out in every 15 minutes.
With the PivotTable Special Time Grouping utility of Kutools for Excel, you can group the time by hours, minutes, months, weeks quickly as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
1. Select the data you want to group, then click Kutools Plus > Pivot Table > PivotTabel Special Time Grouping.
2. In the popping dialog, check Minutes in the Group By section,then type 15 in the Minutes textbox, and then choose one cell of the existing sheets or a new worksheet to place the new PivotTable.
3. A new PivotTable has been created and grouped by 15 minutes, then in the PivotTable Fields pane, drag the Minutes to VALUES section and choose one calculation as you need.