How to share only one specific sheet to others in Google sheet?
Normally, when you share a Google sheet file, all the sheets will be shared as well, but, sometimes, you just want to share only one specific sheet excluding others as following screenshot shown. How could you solve this job in Google sheet?
The following steps can help you to share just one tab to others from Google sheet, please do as this:
1. Create a new Google sheet file, and then enter the following formula into a cell where you want to output the original data: =IMPORTRANGE("https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Plv5B3v3VfPtdWSJ4zFM6DKPY0MhcCxiYS0vYrxORHE/edit#gid=1482359313","kte data!A1:C18"), see screenshot:
Note: In this formula: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Plv5B3v3VfPtdWSJ4zFM6DKPY0MhcCxiYS0vYrxORHE/edit#gid=1482359313 is the original sheet address, and kte data!A1:C18 is the sheet name and cells range you want to share with others. Please change them to your own.
2. Then press Enter key, an error value is displayed in the cell, select the formula cell, and click Allow access button in the popped out message beside the cell, see screenshot:
3. Then the original data in the sheet has been imported into this new file, and this data will be changed as the original data changes. And now, you can click Share button at the top right of the file to share this sheet file to others, see screenshot:
4. If your new file is not saved, a message box is popped out to remind you to enter a name for this new file, see screenshot:
5. Then click Save button, and in the popped out Share with others dialog box, enter the user’s email address that you want to share with, and then click button to select the operation that you want the user to operate, see screenshot:
6. Then please click Advanced at the right bottom of the dialog, in the Sharing settings dialog box, in the owner settings section, please check the Prevent editors from changing access and adding new people and Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers options to protect the sheet. See screenshot:
7. Click Save changes button, and then click Send button to send this sheet to the user you want to share with. See screenshot:
Note: If the user’s email address is not Gmail, you will get the following step, please choose one option you need, and go on clicking Send button. See screenshot:
8. And your sheet has been shared with the specific user.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 15 days agoHi, but if viewers select A1 cell they are able to see the path for the original sheet with all tabs no?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHello, When I did this I had formatting that didn't transfer. Is there no way to do that?
I had drop down tabs I wanted to share with my boss so she could change them if needed but none of the tabs transferred to the new doc.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years ago; au lieu de , entre le lien et le nom de la feuille.
Par contre ça ne semble pas lié la mise en page...
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThis doesn't seem to want to work with conditionally formatting ranges. Is this the issue, or am I doing something else wrong?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHello,
your step by step manual is great. But I have problem with updating. When I insert formula, everything is copied. But after adding new data, formual is not updating.
I read on internet, that if Owners of both documents are different, formula doesnt work. Is it truth and what is solution for this issue?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHello,Teresa,
When you insert new data in original sheet, you should change the cell reference in the new created formula sheet.
such as, change the following cell references:
After changing the cell references, your new sheet will be updated automatically.
Please try it, hope it can help you！Thank you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi
What is to stop Editors of the second spreadsheet file changing the IMPORTRANGE range to include other (hidden) data?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI do the opposite, I work on the copy, where I can have data calculated that only I see (because it's not in the original sheet)