How to insert blank row based on above cell value in Excel?
In Excel, the inserting blank rows are one of the most usually used functions in our daily work. However, is there any way to quickly insert blank rows based on above cell value as below screenshot shown? Now, this article, talks about the method to quickly insert blank row based on the above cell values in Excel.
If you want to insert blank row based on the number above, you can use a macro code.
1. Enable the sheet you use and press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste below code to the script.
VBA: Insert blank code based on cell above
Sub Insert() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20170926 Dim xRg As Range Dim xAddress As String Dim I, xNum, xLastRow, xFstRow, xCol, xCount As Long On Error Resume Next xAddress = ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Select a range to use(single column):", "KuTools For Excel", xAddress, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.ScreenUpdating = False xLastRow = xRg(1).End(xlDown).Row xFstRow = xRg.Row xCol = xRg.Column xCount = xRg.Count Set xRg = xRg(1) For I = xLastRow To xFstRow Step -1 xNum = Cells(I, xCol) If IsNumeric(xNum) And xNum > 0 Then Rows(I + 1).Resize(xNum).Insert xCount = xCount + xNum End If Next xRg.Resize(xCount, 1).Select Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, and a dialog pops out to remind you to select a list to work. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, the blank rows have been inserted.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!