How to add new line to email body in mailto hyperlink in Excel?
Normally, when clicking on a mailto hyperlink in Excel, an email message will be created automatically with specified fields listed out. However, there is only one line in your email body when sending email by mailto hyperlink function in Excel. In this article, we will show you how to add new line to email body in a mailto hyperlink in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing your mailto hyperlink includes email address, subject and email body as below screenshot shown. For adding new line to email body into the mailto hyperlink automatically, please do as follows.
1. %0d%0a is the new line symbol of the email body in a mailto link. Please enter the %0d%0a symbol next to the original body text in the Subject box, and then type the new line content after the symbol. See screenshot:
2. Click the OK button in the Edit Hyperlink dialog box to save the changes.
From now on, when clicking the mailto hyperlink in Excel worksheet, an Outlook email will be created with all specified fields listed out. And you can see the new added line displaying in the email body automatically. See screenshot:
- How to send email from Excel with mailto hyperlink function?
- How to send email to email addresses specified in cells in Excel?
- How to send email with multiple attachments attached in Excel?
- How to insert signature into Outlook email when sending by vba in Excel?
- How to automatically send email based on cell value in Excel?