How to add new line to email body in mailto hyperlink in Excel?
Normally, when clicking on a mailto hyperlink in Excel, an email message will be created automatically with specified fields listed out. However, there is only one line in your email body when sending email by mailto hyperlink function in Excel. In this article, we will show you how to add new line to email body in a mailto hyperlink in Excel.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
Supposing your mailto hyperlink includes email address, subject and email body as below screenshot shown. For adding new line to email body into the mailto hyperlink automatically, please do as follows.
1. %0d%0a is the new line symbol of the email body in a mailto link. Please enter the %0d%0a symbol next to the original body text in the Subject box, and then type the new line content after the symbol. See screenshot:
2. Click the OK button in the Edit Hyperlink dialog box to save the changes.
From now on, when clicking the mailto hyperlink in Excel worksheet, an Outlook email will be created with all specified fields listed out. And you can see the new added line displaying in the email body automatically. See screenshot:
- How to send email from Excel with mailto hyperlink function?
- How to send email to email addresses specified in cells in Excel?
- How to send email with multiple attachments attached in Excel?
- How to insert signature into Outlook email when sending by vba in Excel?
- How to automatically send email based on cell value in Excel?