How to conditional formatting based on another sheet in Google sheet?
If you want to apply the conditional formatting to highlight cells based on a list of data from another sheet as following screenshot shown in Google sheet, do you have any easy and good methods for solving it?
Please do with the following steps to finish this job:
1. Click Format > Conditional formatting, see screenshot:
2. In the Conditional format rules pane, please do the following operations:
(1.) Click button to select the column data that you want to highlight;
(2.) In the Format cells if drop-down list, please choose Custom formula is option, and then enter this formula: =match(C2,indirect("data list!A2:A"),0) into the text box;
(3.) Then select one formatting from the Formatting style as you need.
Note: In the above formula: C2 is the first cell of the column data that you want to highlight, and the data list!A2:A is the sheet name and list cells range which contains the criteria you want to highlight the cells based on.
3. And all the matching cells based on the list cells have been highlighted at once, then you should click the Done button to close the Conditional format rules pane as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!