How to vlookup and return multiple matching values at once in Google sheet?
The normal Vlookup function in Google sheet can help you to find and return the first matching value based on a given data. But, sometimes, you may need to vlookup and return all matching values as following screenshot shown. Do you have any good and easy ways to solve this task in Google sheet?
The following formula may help you to find and return all matching values from another column, please do as this:
1. Enter this formula: =TRANSPOSE( FILTER( $B$2:$B$16 , $A$2:$A$16 = D2 ) ) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then press Enter key, all values based on the given data have been returned horizontally, see screenshot:
Note: In the formula: B2:B16 is the range that you want to return matching values from, A2:A16 is the column data which contains the lookup value, D2 is the value that you want to search.
2. Then select the cell formula, and drag the fill handle down to the cells you want to return their matching values, all matching values have been extracted as following screenshot shown：
If you want to vlookup and return the matching values and display vertically, the below formula may help you.
1. Please enter this formula: =FILTER( $B$2:$B$16 , $A$2:$A$16 = E1 ) into a blank cell, and press Enter key, all the corresponding values have been extracted vertically at once, see screenshot:
Note: In the formula: B2:B16 is the column data that you want to return matching values from, A2:A16 is the column which contains the lookup value, E1 is the value that you want to search.
2. Then select the formula cell, and drag the fill handle across to the right to apply this formula, and you will get the results as you need, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!