How to make header row follow when scroll down worksheet in Excel?
Making header row follow when scrolling down worksheet helps to make reading easier in a large data worksheet. This article introduces two methods of making header row follow in one worksheet as well as in all worksheets of current workbook.
This section will introduce the Freeze Panes function of Excel to make header row follow when scrolling down the worksheet.
1. Shift to the worksheet you need to make header row follow, select cell A2 (or the first cell under your header row), and then click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Panes. See screenshot:
If your header row locates on the top of the worksheet, please click View > Freeze Panes > Freeze Top Rows directly. See screenshot.
Now the header row is frozen. And it will follow the worksheet up and down while scrolling the worksheet.
This section will show you the Freeze panes multiple worksheets utility of Kutools for Excel to make all header rows follow in all worksheets. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select cell A2 (or the first cell under your header row) in any worksheet, then click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Freeze panes multiple worksheets.
Then all header rows are frozen in all worksheets of current workbook.
For canceling the freeze panes for all sheets, please click Kutools Plus > Worksheet > Unfreeze panes multiple worksheets as below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)