How to quickly convert csv file to columns in Excel?
To convert CSV file to Excel columns, actually, you can handle it through three different methods. In this article, I will talk about these two methods for you.
The most usually used method must be opening CSV file directly through Excel.
1. Click File > Open > Browse to select a CSV file from a folder, remember to choose All Files in the drop-down list next to File name box. See screenshot:
2. Click Open, and the CSV file has been opened in the Excel.
But sometimes, there are some data with special formats such as the leading zeros in the CSV file, these special formats may be lost if the CSV file is opening through Excel as below screenshot shown. In this case, you need to use below method.
To keep the format of the contents CSV file, you can use the From Text utility to import the CSV file.
1. Select a cell which you will insert the CSV file and click Data > From Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Import Text File dialog, select a file you need to import. See screenshot:
3. Click Import, and a dialog of Text Import Wizard opens, check Delimited option and click Next to go to step 2 of the Wizard, and then check Comma. See screenshot:
4. Click Next and select the column with special formats in the Data preview and check a format for it in Column data format section, then one by one to format the columns, also, you can skip the columns you do not need by checking the Do not Import column (skip) option. See screenshot:
5. Click Finish and select a place to output the result. See screenshot:
6. Click OK. Now the CSV file has been inserted.
Quickly split multiple worksheets into separate workbook in Excel
|In Microsoft Excel, you can save or split a worksheet from one workbook as a new Excel file by copying and pasting this worksheet into a new workbook. It seems troublesome, if you want to split each sheet / worksheet of a large workbook as separate Excel, txt, csv, pdf files. But with Kutools for Excel’s Split Workbook utility, you can quickly deal with it. Click for 30 days free trial with full features!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!