How to quickly convert csv file to columns in Excel?
To convert CSV file to Excel columns, actually, you can handle it through three different methods. In this article, I will talk about these two methods for you.
Open CSV file in Excel
The most usually used method must be opening CSV file directly through Excel.
1. Click File > Open > Browse to select a CSV file from a folder, remember to choose All Files in the drop-down list next to File name box. See screenshot:
2. Click Open, and the CSV file has been opened in the Excel.
But sometimes, there are some data with special formats such as the leading zeros in the CSV file, these special formats may be lost if the CSV file is opening through Excel as below screenshot shown. In this case, you need to use below method.
Insert CSV file in Excel
To keep the format of the contents CSV file, you can use the From Text utility to import the CSV file.
1. Select a cell which you will insert the CSV file and click Data > From Text. See screenshot:
2. In the Import Text File dialog, select a file you need to import. See screenshot:
3. Click Import, and a dialog of Text Import Wizard opens, check Delimited option and click Next to go to step 2 of the Wizard, and then check Comma. See screenshot:
4. Click Next and select the column with special formats in the Data preview and check a format for it in Column data format section, then one by one to format the columns, also, you can skip the columns you do not need by checking the Do not Import column (skip) option. See screenshot:
5. Click Finish and select a place to output the result. See screenshot:
6. Click OK. Now the CSV file has been inserted.
Quickly split multiple worksheets into separate workbook in Excel
|In Microsoft Excel, you can save or split a worksheet from one workbook as a new Excel file by copying and pasting this worksheet into a new workbook. It seems troublesome, if you want to split each sheet / worksheet of a large workbook as separate Excel, txt, csv, pdf files. But with Kutools for Excel’s Split Workbook utility, you can quickly deal with it. Click for 30 days free trial with full features!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office / Excel 2007-2021 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!