How to shift down cells and paste copied values in Excel?
In Excel, the copy and paste function may be usually used in your daily work, and so is the insert blank rows operation. But if you want to copy and paste the cells above a specific range as below screenshot shown, you may need to insert blank rows firstly and then copy and paste the cells generally which may be a bit troublesome. In this article, I will tell you a quick method to shift down the cells and directly paste the value.
Here is a function called Insert Copied Cells in Excel, which can quickly insert the copied values above the selected cell.
1. Select the cell values you want to copy and insert above other cells, and press Ctrl + C to copy it. See screenshot:
2. Then go to the first cell of the range you want to insert the copied values above, right click to show the context menu, and choose Insert Copied Cells. See screenshot:
3. Then check Shift cells down option in the Insert Paste dialog (If you want to insert the copied values in the left of the range, check Shift cells right option), and click OK. See screenshot:
Now the copied values have been inserted.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)