How to change the width of all columns or height of all rows in Excel?
To resize the cells to better fit entered data is usually used in our daily Excel job, but do you know how to resize all cells’ height and width? Here, I introduce some methods to quickly change the cells for the width and height you need.
To change the width of column and height of the row in the whole worksheet, you can do as below:
1. Select the whole sheet by clicking at the triangle in upper-left corner of the sheet. See screenshot:
2. Then click Home > Format, select Row Height (or Column Width). See screenshot:
3. Specify a number you need in the Row Height (or Column Width) dialog , and then click OK.
4. Repeat above Step 2-3 to specify column width (or row height) of all cells. Now the cells have been resized as you need.
If you want to change cells’ size in the units of cm, pixel, inch or pound, you can apply Kutools for Excel’s Adjust Cell Size utility.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the whole cells by pressing Alt + A, and click Kutools > Format > Adjust Cell Size. See screenshot:
2. In the Adjust Cell Size dialog, select one unit you use to adjust cell by, and enter the row height and column width numbers as you need. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and the cells have been adjusted.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)