How to vlookup and return matching data between two values in Excel?
In Excel, we can apply the normal Vlookup function to get the corresponding value based on a given data. But, sometimes, we want to vlookup and return the matching value between two values as the following screenshot shown, how could you deal with this task in Excel?
To get the matching data from a given value which between two values, the following formula can help you to finish this job as quickly as you need.
1. Please enter this formula into a blank cell where you want to output the result:
2. Then, drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula, and all the matching values between the values are extracted at once, see screenshot:
1. In this formula: A2:A15 is the range of smaller values and B2:B15 is the range of larger numbers in your report, the E2 is the given value which you want to get its corresponding value, C2:C15 is the column data which you want to extract from.
2. This formula also can help you to get the correct result when your lookup values in a left column, see screenshot:
3. If the value doesn’t exist, you will get an #N/A error value.
If you have Kutools for Excel, with its LOOKUP between Two Values feature, you can quickly get the corresponding data between two given values.
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as this:
1. Click Kutools > Super Lookup > LOOKUP between Two Values, see screenshot:
2. In the LOOKUP between Two Values dialog box, please do the following operations:
- Select the lookup value cells and output cells from the Lookup values and Output Range section;
- Then, specify the corresponding items from the Data range section.
Note: If you want to replace the error value when the date doesn’t exist with other specific text, please check Replace #N/A error value with a specified value option.
3. Then, click OK button, the matching data based on the given value have been extracted as following screenshot shown:
More relative articles:
- Vlookup Values Across Multiple Worksheets
- In excel, we can easily apply the vlookup function to return the matching values in a single table of a worksheet. But, have you ever considered that how to vlookup value across multiple worksheet? Supposing I have the following three worksheets with range of data, and now, I want to get part of the corresponding values based on the criteria from these three worksheets.
- Use Vlookup Exact And Approximate Match In Excel
- In Excel, vlookup is one of the most important functions for us to search a value in the left-most column of the table and return the value in the same row of the range. But, do you apply the vlookup function successfully in Excel? This article, I will talk about how to use the vlookup function in Excel.
- Vlookup Matching Value From Bottom To Top In Excel
- Normally, the Vlookup function can help you to find the data from top to bottom to get the first matching value from the list. But, sometimes, you need to vlookup from bottom to top to extract the last corresponding value. Do you have any good ideas to deal with this task in Excel?
- Vlookup And Return Whole / Entire Row Of A Matched Value In Excel
- Normally, you can vlookup and return a matching value from a range of data by using the Vlookup function, but, have you ever tried to find and return the whole row of data based on specific criteria as following screenshot shown.
- Vlookup Values From Right To Left In Excel
- Vlookup is a useful function in Excel, we can use it to quickly return the corresponding data of the leftmost column in the table. However, if you want to look up a specific value in any other column and return the relative value to the left, the normal vlookup function will not work. Here, I can introduce you other formulas to solve this problem.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!