How to count number of lines (line breaks) in a cell in Excel?
This article is talking about counting number of lines within a cell in Excel.
The following formulas can help you to count number of lines in a cell.
1. Select a blank cell, enter the below formula into it, and then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, A2 is the cell you need to count a number of lines.
2. Keep selecting the resulting cell, then drag the Fill Handle down to get all line numbers of cells as below screenshot shown.
Quickly create speedometer chart in Excel:
Kutools for Excel's Split Cells utility helps you easily split cell contents by space, comma, new line or other separators into separated rows or columns in Excel as the below screenshot shown: Download and try it now! (30-day free trail)
- How to split multiline cell contents into separated rows/columns in Excel?
- How to put multiple lines of text in one cell in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!