How to hide formula but display the result without protecting worksheet in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to hide formulas in your worksheet for private. This article is talking about hiding formulas but displaying results without protecting worksheet in Excel.
To hide formulas but displaying results without protecting a worksheet, please do as follows.
1. In the worksheet you need to hide formulas but displaying the results, please right click the sheet tab, and select View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: hide formula but display result without protecting worksheet
Dim xDic As New Dictionary Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim xCell As Range Dim xRg As Range Set xRg = Range("C1:C10") If xDic.Count <> xRg.Count Then For Each xCell In xRg xDic.Add xCell.Address, xCell.FormulaR1C1 Next End If If (Target.Count = 1) And (Not Application.Intersect(xRg, Target) Is Nothing) And (Target.HasFormula) Then With Target .Value = .Value End With Else For Each xCell In xRg xCell.Formula = xDic.Item(xCell.Address) Next End If End Sub
Note: In the code, C1:C10 is the cell range which you want to hide formulas inside. Please change it based on your needs.
3. Then click Tools > References…. Check the Microsoft Script Runtime box and click the OK button in the References – VBAProject window. See screenshot:
4. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, when you click on the cell in the specified range, the formula will be hidden immediately in the Formula Bar.
- How to lock specified cells without protecting the whole worksheet in Excel?
- How to remove formulas from worksheet but keep the values/results in Excel?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!