How to hide formula but display the result without protecting worksheet in Excel?
In some cases, you may need to hide formulas in your worksheet for private. This article is talking about hiding formulas but displaying results without protecting worksheet in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools
To hide formulas but displaying results without protecting a worksheet, please do as follows.
1. In the worksheet you need to hide formulas but displaying the results, please right click the sheet tab, and select View Code from the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: hide formula but display result without protecting worksheet
Dim xDic As New Dictionary Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim xCell As Range Dim xRg As Range Set xRg = Range("C1:C10") If xDic.Count <> xRg.Count Then For Each xCell In xRg xDic.Add xCell.Address, xCell.FormulaR1C1 Next End If If (Target.Count = 1) And (Not Application.Intersect(xRg, Target) Is Nothing) And (Target.HasFormula) Then With Target .Value = .Value End With Else For Each xCell In xRg xCell.Formula = xDic.Item(xCell.Address) Next End If End Sub
Note: In the code, C1:C10 is the cell range which you want to hide formulas inside. Please change it based on your needs.
3. Then click Tools > References…. Check the Microsoft Script Runtime box and click the OK button in the References – VBAProject window. See screenshot:
4. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
From now on, when you click on the cell in the specified range, the formula will be hidden immediately in the Formula Bar.
- How to lock specified cells without protecting the whole worksheet in Excel?
- How to remove formulas from worksheet but keep the values/results in Excel?
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoIt keep saying debugging and it refresh in every seconds...
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoI was copied the whole world but still give error as user-defined type not defined so what can I do
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoI tried using the VBA code and I was given an error message stating that I needed to debug the following part of the code: " If xDic.Count <> xRg.Count Then"
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoDear Jenessy,
Which Office version do you use?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agofor me also same error
office version 2013
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.