How to hide inconsistent formula error in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, a green error indicator will appear in the cell when the formula does not match the formula pattern of other cells which locate near it. Actually, you can hide this inconsistent formula error. This article will show you methods to achieve it.
You can hide one inconsistent formula error per time with ignoring the error in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cell which contains the error indicator you want to hide, then click the showing button beside the cell. See screenshot:
2. Select Ignore Error from the drop down list as below screenshot shown.
Then the error indicator will be hidden immediately.
The following VBA method can help you to hide all inconsistent formula errors in a selection in your worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. In the worksheet, you need to hide all inconsistent formula errors, press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module, then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Hide all inconsistent formula errors in worksheet
Sub HideInconsistentFormulaError() Dim xRg As Range, xCell As Range Dim xError As Byte On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select the range:", "KuTools For Excel", ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each xCell In xRg If xCell.Errors(xlInconsistentFormula).Value Then xCell.Errors(xlInconsistentFormula).Ignore = True End If Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please select the range you need to hide all inconsistent formula errors in, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all inconsistent formula errors are hidden immediately from the selected range. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!