How to hide inconsistent formula error in Excel?
As below screenshot shown, a green error indicator will appear in the cell when the formula does not match the formula pattern of other cells which locate near it. Actually, you can hide this inconsistent formula error. This article will show you methods to achieve it.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can hide one inconsistent formula error per time with ignoring the error in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cell which contains the error indicator you want to hide, then click the showing button beside the cell. See screenshot:
2. Select Ignore Error from the drop down list as below screenshot shown.
Then the error indicator will be hidden immediately.
The following VBA method can help you to hide all inconsistent formula errors in a selection in your worksheet. Please do as follows.
1. In the worksheet, you need to hide all inconsistent formula errors, press the Alt + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, please click Insert > Module, then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Hide all inconsistent formula errors in worksheet
Sub HideInconsistentFormulaError() Dim xRg As Range, xCell As Range Dim xError As Byte On Error Resume Next Set xRg = Application.InputBox("Please select the range:", "KuTools For Excel", ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address, , , , , 8) If xRg Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each xCell In xRg If xCell.Errors(xlInconsistentFormula).Value Then xCell.Errors(xlInconsistentFormula).Ignore = True End If Next End Sub
3. Press the F5 key to run the code. In the popping up Kutools for Excel dialog box, please select the range you need to hide all inconsistent formula errors in, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all inconsistent formula errors are hidden immediately from the selected range. See screenshot: