How to create a chart in ranking order in Excel?
While we insert a chart to show the data more visually, the data in the chart will be placed in the order as in the data range. But do you know how to create a chart in a ranking order as below screenshot shown in Excel? Here, I will tell you the method.
To create a chart in a ranking order, you just need to sort the original data first, then create a chart of the data.
1. Select the data you use to create a chart, and click Data > Sort. See screenshot:
2. In the Sort dialog, specify the column you want to sort by, the criteria you want to sort on, and the order you want. See screenshot:
3. Click OK. The data has been sorted by smallest to largest.
4. Then click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart and select a chart as you need.
Then the ranking chart has been created.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Spreadsheets： Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel boasts over 300 features, ensuring that what you need is just a click away...
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 & newer, including 365 | Available in 44 languages | Enjoy a full-featured 30-day free trial.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!