For example, you have created a pivot table to statistics sale amount of drinks as below screenshot shown. Now you want to add the median of each drink into the pivot table, any idea? This article will introduce a solution for yours.
This method will guide you to add a helper column about medians in the source data, and then add the median field into the pivot table easily.
1. Insert a blank column beside the source data, type Median as column name, enter the formula =MEDIAN(IF($B$2:$B$31=B2,$C$2:$C$31)) into the first cell of the Median column, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together, and finally drag the AutoFill Handle to fill the whole column. See screenshot:
2. Select any cell in the pivot table to activate the PivotTable Tools, and then click Analyze (or Options) > Change Data Source > Change Data Source. See screenshot:
3. In the Change PivotTable Data Source dialog box, specify the new source data in the Table/Range box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Now the Median filed is added in the PivotTable Fields pane, please drag the Median field to the Values section. See screenshot:
5. In the Values section, please click the Median field, and select Value Field Settings in the drop down list. See screenshot:
6. In the Value Field Settings dialog box, select Average in the Summarize value field by list under Summarize Values By tab, rename the field name as Median (there is space before Median) in the Custom Name box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you will see the median of each row label has been added in the pivot table. See screenshot:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!