How to change the strikethrough color without changing the color of the text in Excel?
By default, the strikethrough color is the same as the font color of the cell content. However, you need to separate the strikethrough color and the text color in a cell for some purpose. For example, you want to keep the cell content black and make the strikethrough red as below screenshot shown. Actually, there is no method to directly change the strikethrough color without changing the color of the text. In this article, you will learn a trick to achieve it in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
This section will show you adding a strikethrough by inserting a line in the cell, and then change the line color to your needed one. Please do as follows.
1. Click Insert > Shapes > Line. See screenshot:
2. Then draw a line on the cell text you need to add strikethrough as below screenshot shown.
3. Keep selecting the line to display the Drawing Tools tab, then choose a color for the line in the Shape Outline drop-down list under the Format tab. See screenshot:
Then you can see the result as below screenshot shown.
- How to make sheet tab name equal to cell value in Excel?
- How to change value based on cell color in Excel?
- How to change cell color when cell is clicked or selected in Excel?