How to make a shape blinking or flashing over and over in Excel?
If you want to make a shape blinking over and over in a worksheet, a method in this article can help you.
In the worksheet, to make a shape blinking, please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Make a shape blinking over and over in worksheet
Dim NextTime As Date Dim xColor As Long Sub Flash() NextTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:01") With ActiveSheet.Shapes("new").Fill.ForeColor If xColor = 0 Then xColor = .SchemeColor End If .SchemeColor = Int(Rnd() * 55 + 1) End With Application.OnTime NextTime, "Flash" End Sub Sub StopIt() Application.OnTime NextTime, "Flash", schedule:=False ActiveSheet.Shapes("new").Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = xColor xColor = 0 End Sub
3. Press the Alt + Q keys together to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Insert a Button into the worksheet by clicking Developer > Insert > Button (Form Control) as below screenshot shown.
5. In the popping up Assign Macro dialog box, select Flash in the Macro name box, and then click the OK button.
6. Then change the display text on the button as you need. In this case, I change the display text to Start blinking as below screenshot shown.
7. Repeat the above step 4 and 5 to insert a new button and assign the StopIt macro to this button.
8. Change the display text of this new button.
Then you can see two buttons assigning with different macros are inserted into the worksheet. See screenshot:
From now on, when clicking on the Start blinking button, the shape starts blinking with different colors. If you want to stop the flash, please click the Stop blinking button.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!