In the worksheet, to make a shape blinking, please do as follows.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy and paste VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Make a shape blinking over and over in worksheet
Dim NextTime As Date
Dim xColor As Long
NextTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:01")
If xColor = 0 Then
xColor = .SchemeColor
.SchemeColor = Int(Rnd() * 55 + 1)
Application.OnTime NextTime, "Flash"
Application.OnTime NextTime, "Flash", schedule:=False
ActiveSheet.Shapes("new").Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = xColor
xColor = 0
1). in the code, new is the name of the shape you will make it blink. Please change it to your own.
2). 00:00:01 means that the shape will flash every second.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys together to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Insert a Button into the worksheet by clicking Developer > Insert > Button (Form Control) as below screenshot shown.
5. In the popping up Assign Macro dialog box, select Flash in the Macro name box, and then click the OK button.
6. Then change the display text on the button as you need. In this case, I change the display text to Start blinking as below screenshot shown.
7. Repeat the above step 4 and 5 to insert a new button and assign the StopIt macro to this button.
8. Change the display text of this new button.
Then you can see two buttons assigning with different macros are inserted into the worksheet. See screenshot:
From now on, when clicking on the Start blinking button, the shape starts blinking with different colors. If you want to stop the flash, please click the Stop blinking button.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.