How to create a bar chart from yes no cells in Excel?
If you have a report which contains the answers Yes and NO, and now, you need to create a chart based on these Yes and No answers. How could you finish this job in Excel?
To create a chart based on the Yes and No cells, first, you should calculate each percentage of the Yes and No cells for each column, and then create the chart based on the percentages. Please do with the following steps:
1. Enter this formula: =COUNTIF(B2:B15,"YES")/COUNTA(B2:B15) into cell B16, and then drag the fill handle across to cell F16 to get the percentage of Yes for each column, see screenshot:
2. Go on entering this formula: =COUNTIF(B2:B15,"NO")/COUNTA(B2:B15) into cell B17, and drag the fill handle right to cell F17 to get the percentage of No cells for each column, see screenshot:
3. Then select the formula cells to format the cell numbers as percent format, see screenshot:
4. And then hold the Ctrl key to select the header row and the percentage cells, click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart > Stacked Bar or other bar charts you need, see screenshot:
5. And the Yes No bar chart has been created as following screenshot shown:
6. At last, you can insert the chart name and data labels as you need, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!