How to clear specified cell contents if value of another cell changes in Excel?
Supposing you want to clear a range of specified cell contents if the value of another cell is changed, how can you do? This post will show you a method to solve this problem.
As below screenshot shown, when the value in cell A2 is changed, contents in cell C1:C3 will be cleared automatically. Please do as follows.
1. In the worksheet you will clear cell contents based on another cell changes, right click the sheet tab and select View Code from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, copy and paste below VBA code into the Code window.
VBA code: Clear specified cell contents if value of another cell changes
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A2")) Is Nothing Then Range("C1:C3").ClearContents End If End Sub
Note: In the code, B2 is the cell you will clear cell contents based on, and C1:C3 is the range you will clear contents from. Please change them as you need.
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to close the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Then you can see contents in range C1:C3 is cleared automatically when the value in cell A2 changes as below screenshot shown.
- How to clear contents of combo box with VBA code in Excel?
- How to clear contents and formatting at the same time in cells in Excel?
- How to clear contents of named range in Excel?
- How to clear restricted values in cells in Excel?
- How to clear specified cell contents on open and exit in Excel workbook?
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!