How to highlight rows if dates have passed in Excel?
For example, there is a table as below screenshot shown, now I want to highlight all rows if the dates have passed, any idea? Actually, I can highlight these rows with conditional formatting in Excel.
Highlight rows if dates have passed in Excel
This method will guide you to highlight all rows if the dates have passed by adding a conditional formatting rule in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the table you will highlight rows if dates have passed, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule. See screenshot:
2. In the Edit Formatting Rule dialog box, please:
(1) Click to select Use a formula to determine which cells to format in the Select a Rule Type list box;
(2) In the Format values where this formula is true box, please type =$A2<TODAY();
(3) Click the Format button.
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, go to the Fill tab, and click to select a fill color. See screenshot:
4. Click the OK buttons successively to close both dialog boxes.
Now you will see all rows are highlighted if the dates have passed. See screenshot:
If date is before or after today, select and highlight entire rows in Excel
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Select Special Cells utility to quickly select the entire row if a date if before or after today, and then easily highlight, copy, or delete these entire rows with ease in Excel.
Full Feature Free Trial
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than
300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial
30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!