How to highlight rows if dates have passed in Excel?
For example, there is a table as below screenshot shown, now I want to highlight all rows if the dates have passed, any idea? Actually, I can highlight these rows with conditional formatting in Excel.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
This method will guide you to highlight all rows if the dates have passed by adding a conditional formatting rule in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Select the table you will highlight rows if dates have passed, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule. See screenshot:
2. In the Edit Formatting Rule dialog box, please:
(1) Click to select Use a formula to determine which cells to format in the Select a Rule Type list box;
(2) In the Format values where this formula is true box, please type =$A2<TODAY();
(3) Click the Format button.
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, go to the Fill tab, and click to select a fill color. See screenshot:
4. Click the OK buttons successively to close both dialog boxes.
Now you will see all rows are highlighted if the dates have passed. See screenshot: