It’s common to split cell content by space, comma, etc. in Excel. But do you know how to split a cell diagonally as below screenshot shown? This article will show you the solution.
To split a single cell diagonally in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Right-click the specified cell you will split diagonally, and select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, please click to enable the Border tab, click to highlight button in the Border section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the diagonal line is added in the specified cell. See screenshot:
3. Please type the two words in the specified cell as you need. Then highlight the first word in the cell, and click the Arrow at the bottom-right corner of the Font group on the Home tab. See screenshot:
4. In the popping out Format Cells dialog box, please check the Superscript option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Please repeat above Step 3-4 to format the second word as a subscript.
Now you will see the two words in the specified cell is split diagonally. See screenshot:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!