How to split a cell diagonally in Excel?
It’s common to split cell content by space, comma, etc. in Excel. But do you know how to split a cell diagonally as below screenshot shown? This article will show you the solution.
To split a single cell diagonally in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Right-click the specified cell you will split diagonally, and select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, please click to enable the Border tab, click to highlight button in the Border section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the diagonal line is added in the specified cell. See screenshot:
3. Please type the two words in the specified cell as you need. Then highlight the first word in the cell, and click the Arrow at the bottom-right corner of the Font group on the Home tab. See screenshot:
4. In the popping out Format Cells dialog box, please check the Superscript option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Please repeat above Step 3-4 to format the second word as a subscript.
Now you will see the two words in the specified cell is split diagonally. See screenshot: