How to split a cell diagonally in Excel?
It’s common to split cell content by space, comma, etc. in Excel. But do you know how to split a cell diagonally as below screenshot shown? This article will show you the solution.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To split a single cell diagonally in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Right-click the specified cell you will split diagonally, and select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, please click to enable the Border tab, click to highlight button in the Border section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the diagonal line is added in the specified cell. See screenshot:
3. Please type the two words in the specified cell as you need. Then highlight the first word in the cell, and click the Arrow at the bottom-right corner of the Font group on the Home tab. See screenshot:
4. In the popping out Format Cells dialog box, please check the Superscript option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Please repeat above Step 3-4 to format the second word as a subscript.
Now you will see the two words in the specified cell is split diagonally. See screenshot: