How to split a cell diagonally in Excel?
It’s common to split cell content by space, comma, etc. in Excel. But do you know how to split a cell diagonally as below screenshot shown? This article will show you the solution.
To split a single cell diagonally in Excel, please do as follows:
1. Right-click the specified cell you will split diagonally, and select Format Cells from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog box, please click to enable the Border tab, click to highlight button in the Border section, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the diagonal line is added in the specified cell. See screenshot:
3. Please type the two words in the specified cell as you need. Then highlight the first word in the cell, and click the Arrow at the bottom-right corner of the Font group on the Home tab. See screenshot:
4. In the popping out Format Cells dialog box, please check the Superscript option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Please repeat above Step 3-4 to format the second word as a subscript.
Now you will see the two words in the specified cell is split diagonally. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!