How to split a stacked bar chart in Excel?
For example, you have created a stacked bar chart to show sale amounts in four regions, now you want to split the chart to two groups as below screenshot shown, how could you deal with it quickly? This article will show you the detailed steps to create the stacked bar chart which is split into several groups in Excel.
Split a stacked bar chart in Excel
Split a stacked bar chart in Excel
Please follow below steps to split a stacked bar chart in Excel 2013/2016.
1. First of all, you need to modify the source data based on your need.
In my case, I want to split the sale amounts into two groups, therefore I move one group of sale amounts to a new column beside original source data. See screenshot:
2. Select the new source data, and click Insert > Insert Column or Bar Chart (or Insert Bar Chart)> Clustered Bar. See screenshot:
3. Now a clustered bar chart is created. Right-click the chart, and select Change Series Chart Type from the context menu. See screenshot:
4. In the Change Chart Type dialog box, please click Bar in the left bar, click to highlight Stacked Bar, next click to select the chart with two series, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now you have created a stacked bar chart which is split into two groups. See screenshot:
Note: This method does not work in Excel 2010 or earlier versions.
Batch split text and numbers from one cell/column into different columns/rows
Kutools for Excel enhances its Split Cells utility and supports to batch separate all text characters and numbers of one cell/column into two columns/rows.
Full Feature Free Trial
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than
300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial
30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!