How to sumif cells not equal to a specific value in Excel?
This article, I will talk about how to sum cells if the cells in another column not equal to a specific value in Excel worksheet.
For example, here, I want to sum all cells which adjacent cells are not equal to the text “Apple”, the following formula can help you.
Enter this formula: =SUMIF(A2:A20,"<>apple",B2:B20) into a blank cell where you want to output the result, and then press Enter key, you will get the calculate result as you need, see screenshot:
1. In the above formula, A2:A20 is the column contains the criteria that you want to sum based on, “apple” is the criteria which sum cells based on, B2:B20 is the column cells that you want to sum.
2. If you need to sum cells which not equal to multiple specific values, for example, to sum cells not equal to “Apple” and “Peach”, please apply the following formula: =SUMIFS(B2:B20,$A$2:$A$20,"<>Apple",$A$2:$A$20,"<>Peach"), and press Enter key to get the result as you need. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!