Let’s say you have a chair shop and sold chairs as below screenshot shown. Now, you want to analyze how the price and sales volume affect the profit of this shop simultaneously, so that you can adjust your sales strategy for better profit. Actually, the sensitivity analysis can solve your problem.
This method will apply the Data Table feature to do a sensitivity analysis in Excel. Please do as follows:
1. Finish the Profit & Loss Statement table as below screenshot shown:
(1) In Cell B11, Please type the formula =B4*B3;
(2) In Cell B12, please type the formula =B5*B3;
(3) In Cell B13, please type the formula =B11-B12;
(4) In Cell B14, please type the formula =B13-B6-B7.
2. Prepare the sensitivity analysis table as below screenshot shown:
(1) In Range F2:K2, please type the sales volumes from 500 to 1750;
(2) In Range E3:E8, please type the prices from 75 to 200;
(3) In the Cell E2, please type the formula =B14
3. Select the Range E2:K8, and click Data > What-If Analysis > Data Table. See screenshot:
4. In the popping out Data Table dialog box, please (1) in the Row input cell box specify the cell with chairs sales volume (B3 in my case), (2) in the Column input cell box specify the cell with chair price (B4 in my case), and then (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Now the sensitivity analysis table is created as below screenshot shown.
You can easily get how the profit changes when both sales and price volume change. For example, when you sold 750 chairs at price of $125.00, the profit changes to $-3750.00; while when you sold 1500 chairs at price of $100.00, the profit changes to $15000.00.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!